Bolla Bulli Ramaiah
Chairman and Managing Director
With a sense of pride, I re-pledge to my commitment and dedication to continue on the path and pursue the efforts of my illustrious predecessor, the late Dr. Mullapudi Harischandra Prasad, our founder.
Dr.Harischandra Prasad headed the company as chairman and Managing Director till his sad demise on September 3, 2011. He was instrumental in making the company what it is today – a force to reckon with in the corporate world and proud identity, an illustrious brand.
With an initial emphasis on exploring the natural resources of local areas and providing employment to rural masses, our company had a modest beginning. As a part of continuing diversification and expansion programme, we embarked upon logical expansion and diversification to seize business opportunities. His vision, these initiatives, and our continued successes have metamorphosed us into a diversified business conglomerate of multi-product portfolio.In all these expansion and diversification ventures, my contribution was by way of technological up-gradation and development.
Today, that I lead the company as its new Chairman and Managing Director, I have an onerous responsibility to charter new areas of growth and continue the pursuit of business on the ideals set by late Dr. Prasad.
I am sure the unstinted support from all the stakeholders will continue, as previously. I urge you to support the company and me as you’ve done all these years. It would be a source of great strength to enable us to scale greater heights and fulfill unrealized goals set by our beloved founder, Dr. Harischandra Prasad.
The Andhra Sugars Limited was established in the year 1947. The Initial focus was to use locally available renewable resources to produce value-added products, generate employment and upliftment of rural India. In the process, aiming to be the most admired and trusted industrial conglomerate with emphasis on delivering reliable and quality products and services to all customers thereby creating superior value for all the stakeholders.
Today, the vision has been transformed into reality as the company has expanded and diversified over the years, besides Sugar, to produce such as Organic & Inorganic Chemicals, Fertilizers, Bulk Drugs, Power etc. at its six integrated complexes at Tanuku, Kovvur, Guntur, Taduvai, Saggonda & Bhimadole. Wind farms also have been established in the State of Andhra Pradesh & Tamilnadu.
- Our R&D has the credit for developing many process technologies indigenously. It has developed the process technologies for the Aspirin, Chlorosulphuric Acid, UDMH and MMH plants and breeding of new varieties of cane.
- First prize of the National Awards for Energy Conservation in Chlor-Alkali Sector presented by the Dept. of Power, Ministry of Power and Non-Conventional Energy Sources, Govt. of India.
- Award for Best Marketing Company of the year (Organised sector) presented by Institute of Marketing Management and sponsored by LIC of India.
- Award for the Best Technological Development in Research & Development by an Industrial Organisation in the State presented by Federation of A.P. Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Hyderabad.
- View our Achievements and awards
- Our Aspirin facility is audited & approved by US FDA and EDQM. We also have GMP Certifiactions from EU, TGA and WHO.
- Our ‘Chemicals & Fertilizers Division’ at Saggonda has been Certified by ‘DNV’ for ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 Management System Standards during 2012.
- Our “ASPIRIN DIVISION” at Tanuku has been certified by “DNV” for ISO 9001:2008; ISO 14001:2004; and OHSAS 18001:2007 Management System Standards during 2014.
- Recerifiaction has done for Chemicals & Fertilizers Division at Saggonda by ‘DNV’ for ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 Management System Standards during 2015.
The Andhra Farm Chemicals Corporation Limited, Kovvur
The Andhra Farm Chemicals Corporation Limited is based at Kovvur. Manufacturing Hydrazine Hydrate which finds extensive application of drug intermediates and Thermal Power Stations. This company is a largest manufacturer of Hydrazine Hydrate in India.
JOCIL – Guntur
JOCIL Limited located at Dokiparru 15 Kms. from Guntur . This company produces Fatty Acids , Glycerin , Soaps . This company has also commissioned a 6 MW Bio-mass based co-generation facility. The Company has consistent Dividend Track Record, Dividend declared for the year 2010-11 being 80%
The Andhra Petrochemicals Limited
The Andhra Petrochemicals Limited was promoted by The Andhra Sugars Limited for the production of Oxo-Alcohols at Visakhapatnam, with technical collaboration from M/s Davy Mckee of London, using the latest LP Oxo process technology, designed to produce 2-Ethyl Hexanol or Butanols.