GUIDELINES TO BE FOLLOWED FOR CHLORINE SAFE HANDLING
1. We are dispatching the full Cylinders duly fitted with all Accessories i.e. Valve Protectors and Valve nuts.
2. Please Check and ensure the cylinders received by you are fitted with all the accessories as mentioned above while unloading.
3. Cylinders have to be unloaded and loaded with the help of Crain / Hoist. Cylinders should not be rolled down from the truck, as while rolling there is every chance of breakdown of valve which may lead to emergency situation with heavy leakage of Chlorine Gas / Liquid.
4. Cylinder Valves are to be checked with Ammonia torch for leaks.
5. For Operating the Cylinder Valve proper key must be used to avoid damage to the cylinder valves. Improper handling of Valves will result in bending of valves, for which cost of valve will be debited.
6. Cylinders must be kept away from direct sunlight OR source of heat which will result the rise in temperature of the Cylinder which may lead to emergency situations.
7. Chlorine Gas Cylinders should be consumed strictly within One month.
8. For long pending cylinders, leakage if any occurs, Customer will be held responsible.
9. For long pending Cylinders, if any cylinder is due for testing is lying at your end, and it is found by Department of Explosives it may attract legal action on both the Supplier and consumer and also may impose heavy penalties.
10. While returning the empty cylinders, please ensure that all the cylinders are fitted with all accessories, otherwise the accessories cost will be debited.
11. Chlorine Cylinders must be consumed on First – cum – First basis. Keeping of Chlorine cylinders long time at your end may lead to Valve choking and Chlorine cannot be withdrawn from such cylinders. In such cases (i.e Cylinder lying for more than One month at your end) we will not depute our technician and the cylinder has to be returned as empty only.
12. Cylinders Surface is to be checked at regular intervals and if any increase in temperature is noticed, it should be brought to our notice immediately and action to be initiated to start consuming the such cylinders first in order to reduce the pressure in the cylinders.
13. Transfer of Chlorine from One Cylinder to another small cylinders / Tonners is strictly prohibited. If any incident occurs due to such activity, customer is held responsible.
14. Under the provisions of the Gas Cylinder Rules, 1981, any person Possessing, storing or using five containers or more at a time has to obtain an appropriate license from the Chief Controller of Explosives, Nagpur, which has to be updated from time to time as per the directions of statutory authorities. A Copy of storage license (form F) is to be submitted for our records to produce the same to statutory bodies as when required.
15. “All the traders and dealers should submit the storage license of their end users OR declaration from their end users stating that they shall not store more than 4 Chlorine Cylinders / Tonners at any point of time without having proper storage license from the Department of Explosives.”
16. Chlorine cylinders should not be stored at any place other than at consumer place.
17. Customers who are consuming chlorine for water treatment applications are requested to use the Barometric head OR Chlorinators to avoid chance of back entering of water into cylinder which is highly dangerous.
18. Customers who are utilising the Chlorine directly into process without having any buffer vessel are requested to study their process and identify the possibilities of back entry of process liquid into the Chlorine cylinders and take required corrective measures to avoid such possibilities.
19. All the Traders / Dealers should submit the Addresses and Contact person Phone Nos of the Chlorine end users. In the interest of Customers Safe Handling and usage of Chlorine Gas Cylinders, the above precautions are enlightened which need to be complied as applicable which requires your cooperation to have safe and smooth handling of Chlorine gas.
Feel free to contact us for more queries